boiniznamena – Sports bras are essential for women who exercise, as they provide support, comfort, and protection for the breasts. However, not all sports bras are created equal. Depending on your size, shape, and activity level, you may need a different type of sports bra to suit your needs. In this article, we will explain the different types of sports bras, how to measure your bra size, and how to choose the best sports bra for you.
Types of Sports Bras
Sports bras can be classified into three main types: compression, encapsulation, and combination.
1. Compression Bras
Compression bras prevent movement by flattening the breasts and pulling them close to the body. They are usually pullover styles with no hooks, wires, or cups. Compression bras are best for small to medium-sized breasts (A to C cups) and low to medium-impact activities, such as yoga, cycling, or walking.
2. Encapsulation Bras
Encapsulation bras separate the breasts into cups and provide support with seaming, molding, or underwire instead of flattening them. They are more like regular bras, with hooks, straps, and adjustable bands. Encapsulation bras are best for medium to large-sized breasts (C to K cups) and medium to high-impact activities, such as running, aerobics, or tennis.
3. Combination Bras
Combination bras use some cup definition to separate the breasts and compressive fabric to pull them close to the body. They offer the best of both worlds, combining the support of encapsulation bras and the comfort of compression bras. Combination bras are suitable for all sizes and activities, but especially for large-sized breasts (D to K cups) and high-impact activities, such as boxing, jumping, or dancing.
How to Measure Your Bra Size
To find the best sports bra for you, you need to know your bra size. You can measure your bra size at home with a tape measure and a calculator. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Measure your band size
Wrap the tape measure around your ribcage, just under your breasts, and exhale. Make sure the tape is snug and parallel to the floor. Round the measurement to the nearest whole number. If the number is even, add 4 inches. If the number is odd, add 5 inches. This is your band size.
2. Measure your bust size
Wrap the tape measure around the fullest part of your breasts, keeping the tape parallel to the floor. Round the measurement to the nearest whole number. This is your bust size.
3. Calculate your cup size
Subtract your band size from your bust size. The difference is your cup size.
How to Choose the Best Sports Bra for You
Now that you know your bra size, you can choose the best sports bra for you based on your size, shape, and activity level. Here are some tips to consider:
- Choose a sports bra that matches your impact level. Low-impact activities require less support than high-impact activities. You can use this chart to find your impact level:
- Yoga, Pilates, Stretching = Low
- Walking, Cycling, Elliptical = Low to Medium
- Running, Aerobics, Tennis = Medium to High
- Boxing, Jumping, Dancing = High
- Choose a sports bra that fits well. A good sports bra should fit snugly but not too tightly. You should be able to slide two fingers under the band and the straps. The band should not ride up or dig into your skin. The cups should not gap, spill, or squeeze your breasts. The straps should not slip off or cut into your shoulders. The center gore (the part between the cups) should lie flat against your chest. You should be able to breathe comfortably and move freely.
- Choose a sports bra that is comfortable and breathable. A good sports bra should be made of soft, smooth, and moisture-wicking fabric that keeps you cool and dry. It should not have any seams, wires, or hooks that can irritate your skin. It should have enough padding and coverage to prevent nipple show-through and chafing. It should also have adjustable features, such as straps, bands, and closures, to customize your fit and comfort.
- Choose a sports bra that suits your style and preference. A good sports bra should not only be functional, but also fashionable. You should choose a sports bra that matches your personality, taste, and wardrobe. You can choose from different colors, patterns, designs, and features, such as zippers, racerbacks, or front closures. You can also choose a sports bra that can double as a crop top or a tank top for a versatile look.
A sports bra is a must-have for women who exercise, as it provides support, comfort, and protection for the breasts. To find the best sports bra for you, you need to know your bra size, your impact level, and your personal preference.
You can choose from different types of sports bras, such as compression, encapsulation, or combination, depending on your size, shape, and activity level. You can also choose from different styles, colors, and features, depending on your taste and wardrobe. By following these tips, you can find the best sports bra for you and enjoy your workout to the fullest.